- MOST HORRIFIC EVP EVER RECORDED: In January 2007, the Central New York Ghost Hunters investigated an old hotel in upstate New York. According to them it was the most active ghost hunt. After they investigated the tape they discovered some startling material: the voices of men and women not present as well as a women being attack. There’s a lot more information, just click on the link and listen.
- AUDITORY HALLUCINATIONS: It was designed to provide the listener with some understanding of what it might be like to experience auditory hallucinations. Content in this presentation is based on things clients told a mental health outreach worker.
- JONESTOWN DEATH TAPE: An audio recording made on November 18, 1978, at the Peoples Temple compound in Jonestown, Guyana immediately preceding and during the mass suicide and murder of over 900 members of the cult.
- THE INTERROGATION CHAMBER 3D AUDIO: A 3D audio is one in which it feels like it’s happening RIGHT in front of you. This is an audio recording that contains violent material of a rough interrogation.
- THE ORIGINAL NIGHT STALKER: The Original Night Stalker is the name given to an unidentified serial killer and rapist who murdered at least ten people in Southern California from 1979 through 1986. This is a recording on one of the victim’s answering machine.
- SOUNDS OF SPACE: Space maybe mostly empty but boy it creates some horrific sounds.
- MOCK ACTIVATION OF A NUCLEAR ATTACK: So this is what the end of the world sounds like
- THE BLOOP: A mysterious sound from the bottom of the deep ocean. Some say it was gigantic sea creature but scientists speculate it was a large iceberg scraping the ocean floor.
- OPERATION WANDERING SOUL: Also known as “Ghost Tape Number 10” was an audio mix the US military used for psychological operations in the Vietnam War against the North Vietnamese. It played deeply on the Vietnamese belief of ancestor worship, spirits and the afterlife.
- RED FOX SOUNDS: What did the fox say? Something I don’t want to hear in the middle of the night.
BONUS: This has been going around tumblr, but if you haven’t already, listen to the Spongebob Squarepants theme song slowed down by over 800%
Lance Corporal Todd John Chidgey has been named as the Australian special forces soldier who died in a non-combat-related incident in Afghanistan.
Hearts of Iron IV Concept Art.
King tiger prototype
"Ain’t nothing wrong with rolling some confederate coal."
You may think of the “climate change” what you want - I’m not sure about it anyway - but this isn’t necessary.
The headline and article are partisan hackery. Just another way to try and demonize your perceived political opponents and to further drive a wedge between the populace. The reason they do it is because they are assholes and because it is funny. The fact that fundies are so butthurt by it they feel the need to write about it in biz insider is a pretty good troll if you ask me.
Diesel is actually better for the environment than normal petrol… and was even more so before the feds forced everyone to add sulfur to the mix. Diesel fuel is also less refined, meaning you get to keep and use more of what you pump out the ground, thus pumping less, and the process uses less chemicals to turn it into usable fuel. Diesel engines are some of the most clean burning, fuel and energy efficient available (as exemplified in this comparison between a VW Jetta TDI, Toyota Prius and Smart fourtwo… and only the Jetta is actually a good car). So even if they are temporarily burning excess fuel, they still use less and are better for the environment overall.
People just get their tits in a ringer because they see black smoke and because they’re dumb and not very rational.
This, is why people burn coal:
All the Starbucks these people drink are more environmentally destructive than what the coal rollers are doing with a little smoke.
That and li-ion batteries have the worst waste and are not even remotely recyclable (because they fucking explode when exposed to moisture).
In 1941, a Resistance fighter captured near Amiens attempting to destroy telephone lines to the German HQ is prepared for execution by firing squad. Such an end awaited many of the maquis captured by the German occupiers.
(Imperial War Museum)
A photograph taken at the exact moment that bullets from a French firing squad hit a Frenchman found guilty of having collaborated with Nazi Germany. Rennes, France. Himes, November 21st, 1944.
1944: An American officer and a French partisan crouch behind an auto during a street fight in a French city.